Infectious safety at sports facilities is a set of measures to prevent infecting the visitors and working personnel with infectious and viral diseases in case of their introduction to sports facilities, internal circulation and further spread to the outside.
Sports facilities and swimming pools require systematic cleaning and disinfection, as well as water treatment. Daily cleaning should be performed before and after events, in between shifts, as well as at the end of the working day. If the facilities do not comply with the approved sanitary and epidemiological rules and norms, they may be closed.
Most dangerous in terms of pathogenic microorganisms and viruses introduction to visitors and working personnel are gyms and auditoriums, locker rooms, swimming pools, sports equipment, auxiliary facilities (coach rooms, rooms for storing sports equipment, linen, mini-laundries), medical, massage rooms, catering facilities, common areas (sanitary facilities, showers), hotel complexes, etc.
The specifics of infectious safety at sports facilities
- High risk of the introducing pathogenic microflora by visitors not examined for infections, working personnel, with delivered goods and products contaminated with infectious and viral pathogens;
- Rooms with high visitors’ flow;
- High risk of cross-contamination between visitors and working staff;
- Possibility of rooms’ contamination with human pathogenic microflora;
- Insufficient efficiency of the developed disinfection algorithms, including for emergence of infectious foci and emergency situations (mass infection of visitors and working personnel with infectious and viral diseases).
The specifics of disinfection measures at sports facilities
- Need for repeated disinfection of various purpose rooms during the day;
- Limitations for using of several chemical disinfectant classes and physical disinfection methods in areas with a high visitor flow;
- Corrosive effect of the used inventory and equipment on working surfaces;
- Lack of official regulations on unscheduled and emergency rooms disinfection in cases of mass people infection and poor-quality food poisonings (presence of various "undesirable microorganisms").
Pulsed ultraviolet units allow the sports facilities to successfully cope with a whole number of problems:
- The units are highly efficient against a wide range of microorganisms and viruses, including SARS-COV-2, minimal time of air and surfaces disinfection in a vehicle, mobility, environmental friendliness and safety;
- Disinfection of sports facilities premises with 99.0 % or higher efficiency within shortest time;
- Rapid disinfection of a large rooms’ number without disrupting their work schedule;
- Ensuring microbiological cleanliness of premises, including those with high humidity (swimming pools, toilets etc.) by inactivating such microorganisms and viruses that are highly resistant to traditional disinfectants, i.e. highly resistant bacteria, their spore forms, mold and yeast fungi, highly resistant viruses;
- Individual and collective protection of patients and working staff from bacteria and viruses;
- Financial expenses’ reduction by avoiding payments for temporary disability certificates of the personnel, as well as for the infection foci elimination;
- Enhancing the sports facility image as an organization that cares about providing high quality services by ensuring the infectious safety of visitors and staff.
Use of pulsed ultraviolet units as part of disinfection measures complex at sports facilities allows for:
- Significantly increasing their efficiency due to simultaneous reduction of air and surfaces contamination levels with infectious pathogens and viral diseases;
- Ensuring infectious safety of visitors and working personnel.
We are convinced that pulsed ultraviolet units used in various areas, including sports facilities, not only during the COVID-19 pandemic and seasonal outbreaks of other viral diseases, but also in "peacetime" are not a luxury, but a necessity that is here to stay.
Select the unit
* - Fields with an asterisk are required.