Air medical service
If emergency medical assistance is needed in places with poor transport accessibility or greatly remote from healthcare facilities, as well as for rapid transportation of injured people, medical aviation becomes indispensable.
- High arrival speed of healthcare professional;
- Fast delivery to nearest specialized hospitals for receiving the first aid;
- Evacuation of injured people in urgent need of highly qualified specialists, after having received the first aid.
According to the “golden hour” rule, medical care provided within this period presents the highest chances for salvation.
The specifics of infectious safety
- A large flow of patients with open injuries, burns, unexamined for infectious diseases, as well as with severe forms of infectious diseases (infectious toxic shock, meningococcal sepsis, influenza, etc.);
- High risk of introducing the pathogenic microflora of emergency patients brought into medical air vehicles and delivered to a healthcare facility;
- High percentage of invasive procedures when delivering the primary care.
The specifics of disinfection measures
- Necessity of air vehicles’ disinfection with at least 99.9 % efficiency especially upon infectious patients’ admission;
- Special operating modes against highly resistant microorganisms and viruses (bacterial spores, mycobacterium tuberculosis, fungi, coronavirus, adenovirus, hepatitis viruses), especially when the surfaces are contaminated with biological material (blood, sputum, urine;
- Minimum time for disinfection when delivering urgent medical care (massive patients inflow etc.);
- Insufficient equipping of vehicles and specialized teams of medical workers with disinfection means;
- Lack of official regulations on air vehicles’ periodic disinfection, especially in the case of transporting patients with tuberculosis and other infectious or viral diseases.
Pulsed ultraviolet units allow the air medical service to successfully cope with a whole number of problems
- Are highly efficient against a wide range of microorganisms and viruses, including SARS-COV-2, minimal time of air and surfaces disinfection in a vehicle, mobility, environmental friendliness and safety;
- Air and surfaces disinfection in an air medical vehicle of any profile with 99.99 % or higher efficiency within shortest time;
- Possibility of fast simultaneous air and surfaces disinfection in an air medical vehicle without disrupting their work schedule;
- Ensuring microbiological cleanliness of air medical vehicles and their parking places by inactivating such microorganisms that are highly resistant to traditional disinfectants, i.e. highly resistant bacteria, their spore forms, mold and yeast fungi, highly resistant viruses;
- Individual and collective protection of patients and working staff from bacteria and viruses.
Use of pulsed ultraviolet units as part of disinfection measures complex in air medical vehicles allows for:
- Significantly increasing their efficiency due to simultaneous reduction of air and surfaces contamination levels with infectious pathogens and viral diseases;
- Ensuring infectious safety of patients and working personnel.
We are convinced that pulsed ultraviolet units used in various areas, including healthcare facilities, not only during the COVID-19 pandemic and seasonal outbreaks of other viral diseases, but also in "peacetime" are not a luxury, but a necessity that is here to stay.
Select the unit
* - Fields with an asterisk are required.