Infectious safety in organizations engaged in passenger transportation (railway stations, subways, bus stations, taxi companies, etc.) is a set of measures to prevent infecting the passengers and working personnel with infectious and viral diseases in case of their introduction to public transport, internal circulation and further spread to the outside.
One of the main effective measures to prevent infections is the mandatory implementation of complex disinfection measures on public transport means. If they do not comply with the approved sanitary and epidemiological rules and regulations, they may be closed.
Most dangerous in terms of pathogenic microorganisms and viruses introduction are vehicles, administrative and technical rooms, ticket offices, waiting areas and areas of passengers and working personnel moving, restaurants and cafes, elevators, restrooms, etc.
The specifics of infectious safety on public transport:
- A large number of premises at public transport facilities (especially on railway transport, metro, bus stations) with a high passengers’ flow;
- A large number of vehicles in one company with a high passengers’ flow;
- High risk of pathogenic microflora introduction to passenger transport means with imported products (especially food) contaminated with infectious and viral pathogens, visitors and working personnel not been examined for infections, especially during peak loads and in the case of international routes;
- High risk of cross-contamination during the public transport passage between passengers, working personnel and people from the contact group;
- Insufficient efficiency of the developed disinfection algorithms for vehicles and various purpose rooms, including for emergence of infectious foci and emergency situations (mass infectious and viral diseases of passengers, contact group people and working personnel with a high risk of their further spread over long distances).
The specifics of disinfection measures on public transport:
- Need for repeated disinfection of various vehicles (railway cars, subway cars, passenger road transport, etc.) during the day;
- Need for various purpose rooms’ disinfection after each transportation;
- Limitations for using of several chemical disinfectant classes and physical disinfection methods in vehicles in rooms with a high visitors’ flow;
- Corrosive effect of the used inventory and equipment on working surfaces;
- Lack of official regulations on unscheduled and emergency disinfection of public transport means in case of detecting mass people infection and cases of poisoning associated with the presence of low-quality (especially food) products and transportation of baggage contaminated with various types of "unwanted microorganisms", including "especially dangerous" pathogens.
Pulsed ultraviolet units allow the transport companies to successfully cope with a whole number of problems:
- The units are highly efficient against a wide range of microorganisms and viruses, including SARS-COV-2, minimal time of air and surfaces disinfection in a vehicle, mobility, environmental friendliness and safety;
- Disinfection of public transport means premises with 99.9 % or higher efficiency within shortest time;
- Rapid disinfection of a large rooms’ and vehicles’ number without disrupting their work schedule;
- Ensuring microbiological cleanliness of vehicles by inactivating such microorganisms and viruses that are highly resistant to traditional disinfectants, i.e. mold and yeast fungi, highly resistant viruses;
- Individual and collective protection of passengers and working staff from bacteria and viruses;
- Financial expenses’ reduction by avoiding payments for temporary disability certificates of the personnel, as well as for the infection foci elimination;
- Enhancing the transport company image as an organization that cares about providing high quality services by ensuring the infectious safety of visitors and staff.
Use of pulsed ultraviolet units as part of disinfection measures complex on oublic transport allows for:
- Significantly increasing their efficiency due to simultaneous reduction of air and surfaces contamination levels with infectious pathogens and viral diseases;
- Ensuring infectious safety of visitors and working personnel.
We are convinced that pulsed ultraviolet units used in various areas, including public transport, not only during the COVID-19 pandemic and seasonal outbreaks of other viral diseases, but also in "peacetime" are not a luxury, but a necessity that is here to stay.
Select the unit
* - Fields with an asterisk are required.